** Suggested Age: 13+ **
In Courage to Soar, the official autobiography from four-time Olympic gold-winning and record-setting American gymnast Simone Biles, Simone shares how her faith, family, passion, and perseverance against tremendous odds made her one of the top athletes and record-breaking gymnasts in the world--and how you too can overcome challenges in your life.
Simone Biles' entrance into the world of gymnastics may have started on a field trip in her hometown of Spring, Texas, but her God-given talent, along with drive to succeed no matter the obstacle, are what brought her to the national spotlight during the Olympic Games and have catapulted her ever since--including 25 World Championship medals. But there is more to Simone than the accomplishments.
In this book Simone shares:
- how she has relied on her faith and family to stay focused and positive
- the ways she's continued competing at the highest level and having fun doing what she loves
- behind-the-scenes looks at gymnastics events, including the Olympics
- the events, challenges, and trials that carried her from an early childhood in foster care to a coveted spot on the U.S. Olympic team and worldwide stardom
Along the way, Simone shares the details of her inspiring personal story--one filled with the kinds of daily acts of courage that led her, and can lead you, to even the most unlikely of dreams.
Courage to Soar
- presents a positive role model for young girls
- is an ideal gift for birthdays, holidays, or to celebrate important achievements
- is perfect for school assignments and reports
- contains an eight-page, full-color photo insert
- is an inspirational story for fans of gymnastics, and anyone looking for motivation